Sunday, June 8, 2008

This is what you Get



I am in a group show in Columbus that runs through the end of June. The show's theme is Robot Hive. I missed the opening tonight but from what I have heard it was a good show with some great talent. Yesterday, I was able to meet up with Eric Fortune for a round of drinks and was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at his piece; it was great as usual.
You can view his work here:

EricFortune.com - Personal

I am satisfied with this piece because it works on multiple levels. Under the surface there are some personal issues going on here, while at first glance it is a competent illustration that pays homage to a Sci-Fi cult classic. Here shown is the final, some of my process, and the invitation to the show. Back to the desk. This week will be spent on my Kolchak layout and preparing for the 24 hour comic at NKU. Lisa thank you for you patience and understanding. You Rock!

2 comments:

Oliver Meinerding said...

nice image woodrow. wish i coulda made the opening.

Anonymous said...

I try my best to help you in any way that I can. Love for you!
Lisa